It is usual for a lot of people to have dark skin on these areas. It is not harming your health; it is just a problem of appearance.
The cause for the dark skin is some pigmentation by the name acanthosis nigricans and become visible with age and sun tanning. The skin on the elbows and knees is much thicker and has more folds of skin layers.
On those areas, we have no oil and glands and because of that, the skin is naturally dry. So it is drier than other body parts.
But on our armpits, this occurs from shaving creams and other cosmetics. For women, it is more stressful. Particularly in summer. You should try some of the following natural cures to solve your problem.
- Aloe Vera– it nurtures the skin and at the same time, it lightens it. As well it removes spots. This plant makes your skin healthier and revitalized. It is very healthy and anti-cancer too. You can find Aloe in many cosmetics. Do the following: just take aloe gel and apply it on your neck for 20 minutes. Then wash it with warm water and do this on a daily basis.
- Baking soda– it exfoliates and gets rid of spots and patches of stains. Mix it with water (1 part water and 3 parts baking soda. Then place it on your neck for 5 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Do it 2 times a week.
- Potatoes– they have an element called Catecholase that lightens skin. Grind one potato and put the juice on your neck, after 15 minutes wash it well. An additional way is to mix it with lemon juice and potato juice and after 15 minutes wash it well. Do it daily for perfect results.
Remedies for knees and elbows:
- Lemon– it has vitamin c and has the ability to peel off dead skin. As well it rejuvenates skin and gets rid of those cells, while it tones complexion. Rub some juice on the elbows or knees. Let it stay for 20 minutes and then wash with warm water and put lotion. For enhanced outcome, add honey to the mix.
- Sugar– it can peel dead skin cells and the granules tone the complexion. Make a paste from olive oil and sugar and put it on your knees and elbows. After 5 minutes, rinse with cold water. Do it once a week.
- Almonds– it is truly healthy and tones your skin. Warm the almond oil and apply it before sleeping. You will start noticing results only after a few days. Also, mix together 2 tbsp powder almond and yogurt for a paste. Put it on your skin and when it’s dry rinse. Do it once a day for two weeks.
Remedies for armpits:
- Milk– if you mix it with curd, the lactose acid will brighten the skin. You will need 1 tbsp curd, 2 tbsp flour, and 1 tbsp milk. Mix everything together and make a paste. Apply it on your armpits and after 15 minutes rinse.
- Cucumber– it has the ability to lighten the skin and with lemon it does wonders. The lemon whites and cucumber cools. For this Ayurveda, remedy takes cucumber juice and lime juice. Then put little bit turmeric and the lemon will start to whiten skin at the same time as cucumber will cool off. The turmeric will prevent additional stains. Then you can just put cucumber circles for refreshing.
- Chickpea mask– this will brighten your armpits so just take: 1 tsp yogurt, 2 tbsp flour of chickpea1 tbsp lemon juice, and 1 pinch turmeric. Mix everything together and that mix is to be applied to stay for 1 hour. Wash with warm water. This mask saturates and clears skin. In the month do this 2 times per week.
Source and image source: forhealthylifestyle.com
DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.