One of the most annoying things is coughing, it makes even the most satisfying things uncomfortable, such as sleeping and it makes many other things a lot harder. And the worst part about it is that you must take some medications or syrups to relieve from it. And sometimes they can cause side-effects, like sleeplessness, migraines and headaches. They contain a lot of chemicals that are causing damage to us, mostly the main ingredients in the syrups are codeine and dextromethorphan.
But, you don’t need anything else anymore to relieve from a cough, only this natural remedy that works very good! It will relieve you from the coughing and the mucus very easy. The ingredients that this remedy is made of are completely natural, olive oil, flour, honey and ginger.
It is also pretty easy to make!
- A tablespoon of flour
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1,5 tablespoons of raw honey
- A tablespoon of powdered or fresh, shredded ginger
- Adhesive tape
- Mix the honey with the flour together, gently.
- Then add the ginger and the olive oil to the mixture, and stir well.
- Then when you get a homogeneous mixture, put that mixture on a napkin, use a gauze to wrap it, and then tape it over your chest to keep it in place.
- Let it stay through the entire night (for smaller children, 3 hours is enough).
- The ginger will make you sweat more than you usually do, but don’t worry that is a part of the healing process.
Why is this Natural Remedy so Powerful?
You only need to take a closer look to the ingredients, the honey and the ginger are telling you enough.
- Balances and lowers blood sugar levels
- Helps in case of wounds and burns
- Fights against diseases, since it is rich in antoxidants
- Fights against allergies
- Helps you manage your bodyweight
- Helps against colds and coughs
- Improves cholesterol levels
- Prevents from cancer
- Aids cognition
- Helps muscle pain
- Improves digestion
- Helps with nausea
- Treats inflammation
- Boosts the immune system
Olive Oil Benefits:
- Decreases the risk of cancer
- Lowers the risk of diabetes
- Boosts brain health
- Prevents from strokes
- Treats inflammation
- Protects the heart
- Helps the body through antioxidants
How to Prevent from Coughs?
Using remedies to treat colds and coughs is one thing, but preventing from them, before you get them is another, right?
You can lower the risk of getting sick by having a healthy lifestyle and being on a healthy diet, this will also help you in case of a cough, respiratory problem, and cold much faster than any medications or syrups.
- Consume green smoothies and juices, add more green veggies and fruits to your everyday diet. You will also hydrate your body cells, detox your body, relieve from stress and boost your immune system.
- Eat whole foods, more organic veggies, greens, whole grains, seeds, nuts, legumes, beans and fruits.
- Drink as much water as possible, at least 8 oz glasses on daily basis if you want to stay healthy. More herbal teas, green juices and vitamin waters as well. That way you will keep your body hydrated at all times, and you will prevent from many health issues. Avoid alcohol, sugary drinks and too much coffee.
- Add more superfoods into your everyday diet, that will help you fight against viruses, bacteria and diseases, that will treat inflammation as well. Foods such as honey, cinnamon, turmeric and ginger.
- Avoid or at least reduce the stress in your life, try deep breathing techniques, yoga, journaling, stretching, relaxation tapes, meditation, and many other activities that can relax you. Also a warm smile from a loved one goes along too!
- You must exercises at least half an hour every day. Try walking in the nature, even if it’s cold outside dress some warm clothes and go for a walk, when you come back home, change the sweaty clothes right away.
- Sleep at least 8 hours every night in order to rest well. And every night before you go to sleep make sure that you wind down. Don’t use your laptop or cellphone, try coloring, journaling, reading or anything that will keep your mind clear.
- As much funny as it sounds, thinking healthy can help you a lot. By thinking this way, you will give yourself more gratitude, you will have more power and you will live a healthier life. Visualize in your mind how your cells are healing and fell the energy that vibrates in your body.
With these simple tips and this natural remedy you will be able to stay healthy throughout the entire winter season, without any illnesses at all. In case of a cough or a cold, give this natural remedy a try, you will be amazed by how quickly it will relieve you from the illness.
DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.